Wednesday, September 5, 2012

25 Things

Facebook had a "note" circulating a while ago - "25 things that people may not know about you" - so I thought I would create an updated one for my Blog.  So here goes nothing.


  1. I would rather watch the original Star Wars Movies on VHS then watch the remastered versions on DVD because I know everything about my copy of the VHS.  When I was a child, we watched all 3 Star Wars on rotation every weekend.  I had the lines memorized by age 7.  The remastered versions make me want to throw things at the TV.
  2. My favorite game system is the PS3, followed by Wii, Nintendo DS and Xbox 360.  
  3. I purchased 2 copies of Orange Box - One for 360 and one for PS3.  This is when I discovered the PS3 controller makes me feel better and I can control the characters better.  This was a personal decision and not an endorsement.  
  4. When I babysat for a neighborhood family, I would take my PS2 over and reward the child with video games.  The parents LOVED me for this and would insist I bring the system over to play.  The game we played: Lego Star Wars.  
  5. My favorite book of all time is A Ring of Endless Light by Madeline L'Engle
  6. My favorite book series is the Harry Potter Series, followed closely by The Tortall Novels by Tamora Pierce.  
  7. I am ashamed to say I read 50 Shades of Gray - all three - in under 4 days.   
  8. I constantly suspend disbelief when I watch movies because I have a basic understanding of physics.  
  9. I miss having a gold star chart to track my progress - for everything.
  10. I have 4 different versions of Monopoly: original version (complete with ratty box), 70th year edition, Here-and-Now (complete with updated prices to reflect current market rates) and OSUopoly (for Buckeye fans).  I refuse to buy the electronic banking version because it doesn't allow for the seedy underbelly of the mob to surface after all the properties have been distributed.  My cousins and I have more fights around Monopoly games than we do over our college rivalries.  I think Monopoly is a gateway game and encourage parents to play regularly with all children.
  11. I still sleep with a Teddy Bear.  He protects me from monsters at night, and constantly watches for the Weeping Angels.
  12. If the Doctor grabbed my hand and said "Get your coat, we're going on an adventure!" I would have already packed a bug-out bag and have it ready to go.  
  13. My favorite color is Tardis Blue
  14. I will now and forever read the book before watching an adaptation.  
  15. I enjoy the company of dogs.  Cats, I treat with the same distant respect as some humans.  
  16. I would rather go play laser tag with a bunch of friends than go on a quiet romantic date on a Friday night.  
  17. There's nothing wrong with eating macaroni and cheese for a week.
  18. Graduate school may have killed my love of Ramen.  However, I will always have a box of Ramen in my pantry in the event I feel the urge to have a "dorm cooked meal" 
  19. I don't have an iPhone.  I do have an iPad, and a missing iPod.  
  20. I make wire wrap jewelry in my 'spare time' and have a few pieces at a local boutique.  I wanted to get into etsy, but who has time for all of that? 
  21. Nerds who are nice to other nerds make me happy!!!
  22. I still go trick-or-treating.  Except now I get to take my Godson :)  
  23. I was a thespian in High School - I came out of the prop closet.  
  24. My favorite Sci-Fi shows (in no particular order): BSG, ST:TNG, Stargate SG-1 (et. al.), Firefly (::tear::), Doctor Who, Alphas, Warehouse 13, Being Human.  
  25. I am not Iron Man 
- Filakia 

No comments:

Post a Comment