Among the biggest dissapointments:
- Star Wars Episodes I, II, III
- Jar-Jar Binks - enough said
- Daredevil (Ben Affleck)
- Ben, stop trying to be Matt Damon
- I love love love Jennifer Garner. This being said, I was dissapointed in the lack of depth of everything. I feel like they were trying to get some depth with a tragic back story.
- Green Lantern (Ryan Reynolds)
- I watched this movie once with a HUGE Green Lantern fan, like read all of the comics and has a room full of signed stuff - he was not amused.
- First off - who thinks that Blake Lively could be a fighter pilot? I mean really?
The movies that I let slide because I lowered my expectation enough
- the Amazing Spiderman
- I liked it, but I also went into it really excited that it wasn't Toby
- The Expendables I and II
- Something about knowing what you're getting yourself into that makes the ride worthwhile.
- to quote my brother "the plot never got in the way of the action, and I liked that."
- The Hunger Games
- I know that the book was better. The book was so much better - BUT - I did like that the stark difference between the districts and the Capitol.
- Spoiles here but the book is a couple years old, so I think it should be ok at this point...
- Where the hell was MADGE? This sets up a lot in the second book.
- Peeta's leg
- Mutt faces
- Again, the book was better - but I lowered my expectation to know that the spectical was going to be worth it.
The movies that knocked my socks off and blew my expectation out of the water:
- Avengers (Joss is one of us)
- There's just something about a nerd writing for his fellow nerds that I love. And the man candy was amazing.
- Loki was amazing and he stole the show. It takes a very strong bad guy to make me want to cheer for world wide domination. He played his alignment so well.
- The Dark Knight Rises
- see - I'm Marvel and DC friendly.
- I didn't see the twist until the end, but I had an inkling something was coming...spoilers
- I don't think I could have asked more from Bane. Again, a strong bad guy really makes the movies rock
This is just a short list. Many others exist, but I will just start it slow today. Feel free to comment on movies that you think should fit in the list, and provide some sort of support.