Thursday, August 23, 2012

One


Welcome to my first blog post.

Today and every other day I will dabble in little nerd related things that will make others happy.  I hope that one day I will be a multibillion dollar author living on my mansion on the Moon where my A.I. staff wait on me hand and foot.  Until that time, I will continue to write my musings and rantings from my little corner of the world and dream my big dreams.

Although Nerds work hard each and every day, we all find some time to sit down, and overly obsess about some form of fantasy, science fiction, or adventure.  My favorites so far (in no particular order) are:
  • Star War
  • Doctor Who
  • Marvel's the Avengers (not to be confused with that horrendous remake of the Avengers with Uma Thurman, Sean Connery, and some other British bloke)
  • Anything with a Superhero - let's be honest
  • Stargate (movie and series, SG-1, Atlantis, Universe - although SG-1 is my favorite)  
  • Star Trek (TNG, DS9, and just starting on Voyager) 
  • Indiana Jones 
  • Firefly/Serenity
  • Warehouse 13
  • Eureka
Not an exhaustive list, but it's a start.  

Try to keep up, and we can have some adventures of our own and maybe explore some of the deeper meanings and subplots of these very thought provoking things.  

OR...

I could just nerd out about some of my favorite things and you can hopefully stand by as attend my first CON and just FAINT at the sight of Nathan Fillion.  

I'm going to try to get some fun things happening here, some mini adventures if you will.  You will get to learn all about a nerd living in the Midwest!  Of course, you will also read about how some nerdy things are perceived here in the midwest...

*Legal disclaimer* The thoughts and opinions of the author in no way reflect the thoughts and opinions from the entire midwest.  If you are unable to take words with a grain of salt and are incapable of open and polite public discourse, you can see yourself out the nearest airlock.  We have no need for your kind here.  That is all, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.  Furthermore, hate speech of any kind will not be tolerated.  Lastly, feel free to use my words with proper citation and credit due.  This is an anon. blog so you may site to the blog or site to the persona - just follow Wil Wheaton's Law - "Don't be a Dick"

Filakia 

No comments:

Post a Comment